Tuesday, November 16, 2010

compliments

of late, these compliments have stayed in my mind for their hilarity:


- earlier today, during my first class, a student mumbled some korean for a while. the teacher in the room translated this to "he says you're concept of appearance if special." I asked if this meant "style" and she not quite and we moved on.


- the teachers at the lunch table unanimously agreed that I looked like a "physics doctor". Of this, I could not gauge if that meant "physicist" or "medical doctor (one who might study physicality)"......to no avail.


- four korean girls guessed my age at 32 this weekend. to be fair, 32 in korea is 31 in america. but really?

(i do have a two and a half week beard growing, which I'm sure is at the root of many of these "compliments" (all 3 were meant as compliments in their own ways).


e.g.

No comments:

Post a Comment