Thursday, December 30, 2010

gifts





got a wonderful package from home yesterday.

full of favorites throughout my lifetime, including:

Town House Crackers

Useless Fact Book

Non-Pareils (large sno-cap chocolates)

Dumbo Books

Ping Pong & Mini Golf Desk Games

Perry the Platypus (from Disney's Phineas & Ferb show) keychain


Thanks Mom!

Of course, she sent a wonderful card for my birthday, which is in less than 2 weeks now.

And I got this all-too-adorable picture from my baby sister which I could file under "Perks of My Parents' Accident" but I love her too much to do that.




Anyway, today was my last day of teaching for the semester (tomorrow is Closing Ceremonies, etc).

Course, I have Winter Camp teaching for the next two weeks but that's not officially school I suppose.

It was a great semester - my first teaching ever - and I learned enough about myself and the art of teaching to realize how good of a fit the job is for me. If it ends up being my career in the future, I think I could be quite happy - if not, well, it's always there as a backup.

Perhaps my next blogpost will be listing some memories from the semester, but I gotta prepare that.


So that's it for now - New Years' Eve festivities are coming soon and then my birthday follows quickly.

I'll be partaking in what I'll call my "Birthday Week" (because why should it relegated to only one day) that I learned from my college roommate John Collins. Updates on that pending as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment